---Reptiles & Amphibians
Strangis, Jay Michael. Birding Minnesota.
- Birding Minnesota
- Strangis, Jay Michael
- Falcon Guides
- Falcon Press, Helena, Montana
- 1560444258 (Paperback)
- Strangis, Jay Michael et al. (black & white photos, black & white maps)
- Table of Contents
- Suggested readings
- Minnesota, bird watching, guidebooks, birds, animals, nature, biology
- English (en), no scientific names of birds
- From the Book Cover
- Minnesota is 84,000 square miles of lakes, prairies, and forestand home to 420 species of birds.
Today, birders from all over the country are discovering what Minnesotans have known for years:
The Land of Lakes is a year-round gold mine for bird watching.
Birding Minnesota leads you to birds in all four of the state's biomesNorthern Boreal, Prairie, Southern Hardwood, and Northern Deciduousplus a special section on birding the Twin Cities.
Perfect for the novice and experienced birder alike, Birding Minnesota not only gets you to the hot spots, it also tells you when to go and how to find birds once you get there.
Filled with detailed maps, current information on seasonal occurrences and abundance, eye-catching photos, and beautiful illustrations, Birding Minnesota promises to be the source for Minnesota birders for many years.
Award-winning author Jay Michael Strangis is a lifelong birder and outdoorsman with a passionate knowledge of Minnesota and its birds.
Strangis spices up the bird finding information with interesting historical and geological facts along with birding tips gained from years in the field.
"Mr. Strangis's book fills a niche not covered by other Minnesota bird guides.
This is a very user-friendly guide to Minnesota birds, especially for visitors from out of state but also for resident birders.
The book offers information that is new, packaged in a very helpful format."
Robert B. Janssen, author of Birds in Minnesota and president of the Minnesota Ornithologists Union
- See and/or order this title at Amazon.com:
- See and/or order this title at Amazon.co.uk:
- See and/or order this title at Amazon.de: