---Reptiles & Amphibians
Brown, Vinson The Amateur Naturalist's Handbook
- The Amateur Naturalist's Handbook
- Brown, Vinson
- Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ
- 0-13-023739-6 (hardcover)
- line drawings
- Nature Study, Outdoors, Ecology
- Here is a comprehensive introduction to the natural life sciences written specifically for the amateur naturalist, nature study teacher, nature guide, or any person of any age looking for a thorough but easy-to-understand handbook of natural history.
Absolutely comprehensive in scope and fully illustrated with over 100 beautiful diagrams and drawings of wildlife, plant life, and three entire ecosystems, this detailed source book shows you as well as tells you everything you might want to know about botany, ecology, ethology, geology, meteorology, zoology, and more.
In addition you'll receive scores of exciting field activities and experiments to try, including:
- Observing, collecting, and preserving animal and plant specimens.
- Establishing your own zoo or aquarium for live animals, insects, and fish.
- Exploring and observing firsthand the dynamic interaction among various types of ecosystems.
- See and/or order this title at Amazon.com:
- No longer available (but if you send me an e-mail message, I'll try to find you a used copy):
- Paperback, Prentice-Hall, out of print, 1993, ISBN 0671761404