---Reptiles & Amphibians
Michelle Sydeman & Annabel Lund. Alaska Wildlife Viewing Guide.
- Alaska Wildlife Viewing Guide
- Sydeman, Michelle & Annabel Lund
- Watchable Wildlife Series; Falcon Guides
- Falcon, Helena, Montana
- 1996 (original 1991)
- 156044066X (Paperback)
- Kratter, Paul & Lon E. Lauber (color photos, drawings & maps)
- Table of Contents
- Suggested Reading and Reference Books
- Wildlife Index
- wildlife viewing sites, Alaska, guidebooks, wildlife watching, conservation, watchable wildlife, science, nature, ecology, animals, wilderness, travel
- English (en)
- From the Book Cover
- Alaska means wildlife!
Huge brown bears.
Breaching humpback whales.
And much more.
The Alaska Wildlife Viewing Guide is your ticket to 68 of the best places to watch wildlife in the 49th state, from the rain forests of southeast Alaska to the coastal mountains to the fabled Interior to the northern tundra.
The only statewide, comprehensive guide to watchable wildlife, the Alaska Wildlife Viewing Guide is perfect for Alaska residents out for the weekend or out-of-state visitors on the trip of a lifetime.
This guide was made possible by the National Watchable Wildlife Program, a unique partnership of state and federal resource agencies and private organizations dedicated to promoting wildlife-related recreational, educational, and conservation opportunities.
Each viewing site was selected with the help of experts from many of the following agencies and organizations.
These groups also made significant technical contributions to the research and development of this guide.
Alaska Department of Fish and Game
Alaska Division of Parks and Outdoor Recreation
Alaska Division of Tourism
U.S. Department of Defense
National Park Service
U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
Bureau of Land Management
USDA Forest Service
- See and/or order this title at Amazon.com:
- See and/or order this title at Amazon.co.uk:
- See and/or order this title at Amazon.de: