---Reptiles & Amphibians
Peterson, Roger Tory. A Field Guide to Western Birds.
- A Field Guide to Western Birds: A Completely New Guide to Field Marks of All Species Found in North America West of the 100th Meridian and North of Mexico
- Peterson, Roger Tory
- Peterson Field Guides
- Houghton Mifflin, Boston
- 039551424X (Paperback)
- Peterson, Roger Tory (color paintings) & Virginia Marie Peterson (maps)
- Table of Contents
- Key Sources for Further Reference
- field guide, North America, birds, outdoors, science, nature, identification, United States, Canada, birdwatching, biology
- English (en), Latin (la)
- From the Book Cover
- This third edition of A Field Guide to Western Birds is completely new, with new paintings, new maps, and a new facing-page format.
More than ever, it is the "Birder's Bible," the definitive guide to western birds.
- The 165 full-color paintings show over 1,000 birds from 700 speciesevery species found west of the Great Plains.
As experienced birders know, paintings are far superior to photographs for field identification, and this is Roger Tory Peterson's finest field-guide artwork ever.
- The 441 new maps are the most accurate, precise, and legible in any field guide.
- The text has been completely updated and revised, and descriptions now face the illustrations for ease of use.
- The unique Peterson Identification System has never been surpassed as a tool for field identification.
It is available only in Peterson Field Guides, and it is the only system that works.
- See and/or order this title at Amazon.com (located in US):
- Reissue edition, Paperback, Houghton Mifflin Co, 1998
- 3rd edition, Hardcover, Houghton Mifflin Co, 1998
- 3rd edition, Paperback, Houghton Mifflin Co (Trade), 1990
- 3rd edition, Hardcover, Houghton Mifflin Co, 1990
- Limited, Slipcase edition, Hardcover, Houghton Mifflin Co, 1990
- 1972, ISBN 9997514769
- See and/or order this title at Amazon.co.uk:
- See and/or order this title at Amazon.de: