---Reptiles & Amphibians
McCaffrey, Anne. The Renegades of Pern.
- The Renegades of Pern
- McCaffrey, Anne
- Dragonriders of Pern
- Del Rey, New York
- 0345369335 (Paperback)
- Whelan, Michael (cover drawing)
- science fiction, fantasy, dragons, Pern
- English (en)
- From the Book Cover
- All Holds Barred
As long as the people of Pern could remember, the Holds had protected them from Thread, the deadly silver strands that fell from the sky.
In exchange for sanctuary in the huge stone fortresses, the people tithed to their Lord Holders, who in turn supported the dragonriders, Pern's greatest weapon against Thread.
But not everyone on Pern was protected.
Some had been rendered holdless as punishment for wrongdoing.
Some, like Jayges's trader clan, simply preferred the freedom of the roads to the security of a hold.
Others, like Aramina's family had lost their holds.
And they all feared the outlaws who preyed on holds and holdless alike.
The Lady Thella's renegades were the most dangerous yetall they needed was Aramina, whose telepathic link with dragons could help them evade the dragonrider patrols.
But Jayge was out to stop Thella...and he would never let her have Aramina!
- Synopsis from Amazon.com Books
- From Pern's dissidents and from the criminal class rises a band of renegades, against whom no one is safeuntil Aramina comes forth.
- See and/or order this title at Amazon.com:
- Mass Market Paperback, 1990, Ballantine Books
- Paperback, 1997, Ballantine Books
- Audio Cassette, Audio/unabridged edition, 1993, Brilliance Corp.
- Hardcover, 1989, Ultramarine Pub Co
- Audio Cassette, Cassettes/unabridged edition, 1993, Bookcassette Sales
- Cassettes, Super Sound Buys, Dove Entertainment Inc