---Reptiles & Amphibians
Lanham, Url. The Fishes.
- The Fishes
- Lanham, Url N.
- Columbia University Press, New York
- 1967 (original 1962)
- 0231085818 (Paperback)
- (black & white photos, line drawings)
- Table of Contents
- ichthyology, fish, biology, science, nature
- English (en)
- From the Book Cover
- "This is a highly readable guide to the principle fish families of the world....
It is aimed at the general reader rather than the ichthyologist, and offers a great many picturesque facts about fish, large and small.
Professor Lanham bears his learning so gracefully that I wish the book had been twice as long as it is.
Here the reader will come on such gee-whiz facts as that fish are not, as commonly supposed, color-blind....
Did you know, too, that the archer fish, found in the Orient, can knock its insect prey off streamside by firing a drop of water from its mouth at lightning speed?
The book is illustrated with an extensive album of photographs."
- See and/or order this title at Amazon.com:
- See and/or order this title at Amazon.co.uk: