---Reptiles & Amphibians
Flint, V.E. A Field Guide to Birds of Russia and Adjacent Territories.
- A Field Guide to Birds of Russia and Adjacent Territories (A Field Guide to Birds of the USSR: Including Eastern Europe and Central Asia)
- Flint, Vladimir Evgen'evich, Y.V. Kostin, R.F. Boehme & A.A. Kuznetsov
- Princeton University Press
- 0691024308 (Paperback)
- (48 color plates, 71 line drawings, 303 distribution maps)
- Table of Contents
- List of Figures vii
Translator's Foreward ix
Introduction to English-Language Edition xv
A Field Guide to the Birds of the USSR 1
Index of English Names 311
Cross-Reference List by Peter Alden 315
Index of Genera 345
Index of Russian Names 348
- field guides, birds, Russia, eastern Europe, central Asia, Caucasus, Siberia, tundra, outdoors, science, nature, ornithology, birdwatching
- English (en); translated from the Russian Ptitsy SSSR by Natalia Bourso-Leland
- This translation of the Russian edition is a very useful field guide to 728 species which can be found from eastern Europe to central and eastern Asia and from the Caucasus to Siberia.
Information about birding and the most interesting birding areas in Russia appear in foreword and introduction.
"Russia and Adjacent Territories" has replaced "the USSR" on the book’s cover, but this doesn’t mean that the contents have been updatedjust the title.
Covers Russia and the 14 other former republics of the Soviet Union: Moldavia, Belorussia, Ukraine, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Armenia, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Kirgizia, Tajikistan, and Turkmenistan.
- See and/or order this title at Amazon.com:
- See and/or order this title at Amazon.co.uk:
- See and/or order this title at Amazon.de: