---Reptiles & Amphibians
Cole, Joanna. The Magic School Bus on the Ocean Floor
- The Magic School Bus on the Ocean Floor
- The Magic School Bus
- Cole, Joanna
- Scholastic, New York
- 0590414313 (paperback)
- Degen, Bruce
- science, nature, juvenile, animals, marine fauna, ocean, pictorial, Ms. Frizzle
- English (en)
- Reading Level
- Ages 6-8
- Assuming they are simply going on an ordinary field trip to the beach, Ms. Frizzle's students enjoy a pleasant surprise when
their teacher drives right into the ocean.
- Card catalog description
- On another special field trip on the magic school bus, Ms. Frizzle's class learns about the ocean and the different creatures that
- From Kirkus Reviews, 07/14/92
- Exuding her usual air of competence, Ms. Frizzle drives the magic school bus to the beach, over the sand, and into the waves
to take her wisecracking class on a tour of an intertidal zone, the continental shelf, the deep sea bottom, and a coral reef.
Degen's paintings feature plenty of colorful (and unobtrusively labeled) sea life.
As always, the pace is breathless, the facts well chosen, the excitement of scientific study neatly evoked, and Ms. Frizzle's wardrobe equal to every extraordinary occasion.
At the end, her students assemble a bulletin board chart to summarize their observations andapparently in response to adult anxietiesCole closes with a quiz clarifying the difference between fact and fiction in the story.
Yes, it's a formula, but a winning one.
(Nonfiction. 6-8)Copyright ©1992, Kirkus Associates, LP.
- See and/or order this title at Amazon.com:
- No longer available (but if you send me an e-mail message, I'll try to find you a used copy):
- Turtleback, Rebound by Demco Media, 1994, ISBN 0606065520
- Other works in the same series